- "At first, I thought
- Tathorang was white Ogamur, but I quickly realized my error
- when I first handled the stuff. Although it bends easily and has
- tremendous spring, it doesn't stretch. Tathorang is also extremely
- light, even lighter than Galnin, like wood or pumice. Because its
- ore is as white as chalk, weighs little, and is found below
- limestone intrusions, it is called "Shalk" in the Common
- Tongue. I saw some of the ore in the mines of the westernmost
- Fifth Deep and understand the comparison. The tremendous
- heat and cold used make the metal change its texture, yet it only
- enhances the white hue. Actually, more than one fellow I spoke
- with thinks it glows...
- -Eldacil Camthalion of Andrath, Eldacil's diaries, last week of Cerveth, 1410
Tathorang (S.“Willow-iron” W.Tasarang) was a very flexible and light enchanted alloy of chalk-white colour.It was also known as Fairy-Iron or Shalk.
- MERP Rulebook 2nd Edition