- Greater Orcs of Barad-Dur - these are a race of Hobgoblins or Mountain Orcs who already fought for Sauron at the Battle of the gladden fields where they devastated Anarion´s bodyguard.
- Fighting-Orcs - Fighting-Orcs are the bulk of Mordor´s host.These are lesser Orcs who are exceptionally strong and more stout than their Snaga brethren.They are amployed as standard Footmen or Grunts of Sauron´s army but usually do not rise to higher ranks (but there also are exceptions such as Grishnákh ).
- Gusmûras - Gusmûras are Half-Breeds of lesser Orcs and Uruks.They are carefully selected for elite-units as the Morannon-Orcs.
- Orcish Sorcerers - an almost forgotten bloodline of Orcs with a strong disposition for Morgûl-Magic.
- Snagas - Snagas are the Bulk of Mordor´s lesser Orcs.They are a small but stout breed usually deployed as workers, Miners, Craftsmen, sappers or engineers and often cannon-fodder.Snagas never rise to higher ranks.
- Orc Trackers - Trackers are a sub-breed of the lesser Orcs often equated with the Orcs of the forest race or supposed to be their offspring.Trackers usually dont rise to higher ranks and are supervised by larger fighting-Orcs or Uruks.
- Uruk-Hai - The Uruk-Hai of Mordor are the Elite of Mordor´s caste System.Carefully bred from greater Orcs and fighting Orcs they are separated early and trained as Elite-Troops and ruling caste.Officers of higher rank usually are Uruk-Hai.
Tribes and confederations
- Orcs of Gorgoroth
- Dâgûlhî (Minas Durlith; Moria)
- Durghaz-Nar (Barad-Dûr)
- Skuggák-Hai (Barad-wath)
- Uruk-Burzmal (Ephel Dúath)
- Uruk-Hrizg (Ostigurth)
- Uruk-Morgûl (Minas Morgûl)
- Uruk-Rafshat ([[Morgai; Barad-Dûr)
- Uruk-Udûn (Udûn)
- Uruk-Zôkon (Angûrath)
- Uruk-Ghâshgîgak (Núrn)
The Mordor Orcs in the LotR SBG
- Black Guard of Barad-Dûr
- Morgûl Guard
- Morgûl Stalkers
- Núrn Overseers
- Orcs of Gorgoroth
- Orc Trackers
In the Movies the Orcs of Mordor are among the most diverse Orcish factions.They seem to belong to many different specialized breeds ranging from smaller workers or Snagas to smaller Scouts and broad-nosed Trackers to squat and muscular Fighting-Orcs, somewhat taller Hobgoblins and larger and better armed Morannon-Orcs to Black Uruks of Mordor, apparently belonging to the same breed as the Isengard Uruk-Hai though with a somewhat different skin-tone and equipment.